This year, Father’s Day will be celebrated around the world on June 18, 2017. And, a lot of buzz already started happening in early June. From buying unique gifts to thinking of ways of celebrating this special day and what not. That is okay but did you know that there are some facts behind this occasion that you might not be knowing?
Let us help you with some background information and make the day even special.
1. Father’s day is celebrated every third Sunday in the month of June.
2. It was founded in the city of Spokane, Washington in 1910 by Sonora Smart Dodd. And the first Father’s Day was celebrated in this year on June, 19.
3. As per the records of Hallmark, Father’s Day is the fourth largest card-sending occasion in the United States after Mother’s Day, Christmas and Valentine’s Day. And, every year around 72 million cards are given as a token of love, affection and care.
4. According to the estimates of the US Census Bureau, in 2008 there were approx. 70 million fathers in the United States.
5. The United States has established Father’s Day as an official holiday.
6. 20 percent of the Father’s Day cards are given by wives to their husbands on this occasion.
7. For single fathers, the day is equally special. And, according to a report, in 2011, there were 2.6 million households run by single fathers.
Not just these, but there are many more hidden facts about Father’s Day, that you should know. Because, once you know them, the occasion becomes even important and gives you many more new ideas for celebration.
While you are reading to know more about these unknown facts, it is time to start looking for the brilliant gifting ideas that add emotions and meanings to this big day. You can choose amongst gifting neckties, perfumes, clothing and eyewear in form of stylish eyeglasses and sunglasses. So, load your dad with surprises this year and make this day, a memorable one.